Is it safe to go for a dental procedure when taking xanax?

i take xanax xr (1mg) in the morning everyday and 6 hrs later the same amount . Will this interact with my dental appt tomorrow where I will be numbed by medication for teeth cleaning. Thanks, Ed Peterson
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. David Okia 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: No it will not interract with dental appt Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for your question. No it will not interact with your dental apparatus however its good to always let the attending doctor know what medications you are using and if you have ever smoked.Hope i answered your question, will be happy to help you if you have other queries.