Is it safe to go for HCG diet injection while on estradiol and progesterone?

Infertility Specialist
Hello, I had a XXXXXXX 2 years ago and I am now taking estradiol and progesterone. Is it safe to do the Hcg diet injections and will I get good results? I did the diet 4 years ago and kept the weight off until my hysterectomy. Now I have flab over my incision and it's making me crazy!!
Posted Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Biswajit Dash 4 hours later
Hello Mam,
Well, I would like to know whether your ovaries are removed or preserved. I also wonder why you are taking daily estrogen and progesterone daily.
Well, if you are using it as a take it for a long time because it can have a impact upon your lipid profile ( cholesterol levels as you have mentioned ) and your Blood pressure.
Now whether the hCG really helps weight loss is now a matter of great controversy and many bariatric physicians don't recommend it.It is also not FDA approved.But certainly exercise and following a strict meal plan can help you loose weight.I think I completely leave HCG Diet Plan upon your physicians and if at all you use it please do so under the supervision of your physician.
Personally ,I am not in its favour.
Let me know if you have any more questions
Wish you a good health,