Is it safe to give dry fruits to a 14 month old?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My kid is 14 months now. with her normal food we would like to give some dry fruits like almonds, walnuts etc.. my friend did a powder by mashing wheat, ragi, almonds, walnuts etc

1. can we start giving them now? do they have any allergies for kids?
2. in what form we can give? we are planning to powder them and give.

Please let me know.
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 31 minutes later

Yes, you can give dry fruits provided nobody in the family has any allergy towards such foods as some allergic conditions do run in families.

If anyone has allergy in the family, it is safe not to give dry fruits for 2 years from birth.

Such foods can be fed to the baby in powdered form made into a dilute porridge.More dilute the porridge is more easy it is to digest.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.

Dr Arun