Is it safe to get a baby vaccinated three days earlier than the due date?

hello doctor, I got my child vaccinated at 6 weeks of age ie., DTP, polio, hep B 2 nd dose. but it was done 3 days earlier than the due date given. Is that fine to get the vaccination done 3 days earlier than the due date ie, 6 weeks. my child is almost 2 months old now. please let me know
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry. For vaccination schedule we follow role of 4 that is : We can give vaccination upto 4days prior to due date. Give remaining doses as per schedule. Hope I have answerwed your query. Let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...
Follow-up: Is it safe to get a baby vaccinated three days earlier than the due date? 20 minutes later
Hello Doctor, Thank you so much for the clarification. bCG, OPV, hep b first dose were given at birth. pentaxim and revac-B mcf was given at 6 weeks. (3 days prior) baby was born on September 10th. First schedule was at 6 weeks. Ie, due date given was October 22nd. But vaccination was done on October 19th. next schedule is on November 22nd. hope this is fine. please confirm.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Yes it is absolutely fine. Complete vaccination according to schedule. Let me know if you need any other clarification. Take care...
Follow-up: Is it safe to get a baby vaccinated three days earlier than the due date? 44 hours later
Hello doctor my son is 2 months old now. Since 10 days his bowel movements and stool colours have changed. They are sticky, watery, light greenish yellow colour. Also he was not comfortable while passing motion. He pushes a lot to pass motion but stool is not hard and dry. There was also a rash due to this. Also stool is not in large quantity but frequency is more. May be 5 to 6 times a day especially after feeding. he is on breast feeding from the beginning and I did nit use anything else. And his feeding is all going fine We have used colicaid . Carmopeptin syrups and zinc supplements as per our doctor. Now he is fine. I would like to know the cause of this. Why did this happen evenugh he is on breast feed. What is the reason for green stools. What is the reason for the pushing and difficulty in passing the motion. eventhougj stools arwatery How can we av oid this further. Any precautions to take in my diet Ideally what is the frequency of motion at this age. CWhy does he pass very little amount few times. Sometimes when I change the diaper, I see little amount ofs stool. Also I have one more question. He shakes/shivers his both legs especially when we unwrap him eventhough temperature is not very cold. When we touch his legs it stops. Why is this.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 1 hour later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks again. As mentioned by you your baby is passing 5 to 6 motions a day. This is normal for breast fed baby to pass several motions per day due to increased gastrocolic reflex.and usually settle of its own. Green colored stools is also normal and is due to rapid transition of stools. colic is seen in infants till 3 months of age. I suggest you to avoid gas forming food items in your diet. you can give probiotic XXXXXXX for 3 to 4 days. Shivering which you mentioned is normally seen in babies.this is self limiting. Hope I have cleared your doubts. God bless...
Follow-up: Is it safe to get a baby vaccinated three days earlier than the due date? 48 minutes later
I was with GDM and was on insulin while pregnant. And my sugar levels were always under control. After delivery everything is normal now. Baby born with3.3 kg weight. Also They checked baby's sugar levels at birth. They were all quite normal and baby is fine. Are there any effects for me or my baby in future as I was with GDM while pregnant ? Any precautions should I take Is sweating while sleeping normal? For babies There will be slight sweating on his back when he wakes up
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 9 hours later
Brief Answer: relax,there is nothing to worry Detailed Answer: I understand your concern. There is nothing to worry as your sugar level was maintained and later on there was no hypoglycemia in your baby as well. So there will be no effect later on. Regarding sweating it is normal for babies. I suggest you to give vit d ti your baby after consulting your pediatrician. Hope this helps. Take care...