Is it safe to drink whisky once in a week?

is drinking three pegs of whisky once in a week, okay? (under Indian climatic conditions)
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 2 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. It would be of no problem if you do not have any chronic liver problem. I think that you are young and healthy, so there should not be any problem with it. For men it is not assumed to be high. It is better to drink this amount in three separate times rather than having binge drinking. You should inform your doctor in the future whenever you need a medication. Many medications are excreted from the body through the liver and alcohol can change the metabolism of those medications. I wish you a good health.