Is it safe to do aerobics and yoga while planning for pregnancy?

I m 31 female ,married for 7 yrs now planning for baby... beacuse of job and work timmings we didnot have time for sex...I am doing aerobics 1 hr 5 days a week but not it fine doing aerobics and yoga while u r planning to conceive....
Posted Sat, 2 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

There is no harm performing yoga and aerobics. But your Yoga and aerobics instructor should know you are planning to conceive so that he/she can avoid exercise and poses which can interfere with pregnancy.

In my opinion you should avoid such exercise and poses which can increase your abdominal pressure at least for some days after sex.

For better results you can use Ovulation Prediction Kit to identify date of ovulation. This can help you predict your ovulation days. You can manage time to have sex on the day of ovulation and if possible for a couple of days thereafter. Avoid aerobics and yoga till next menstrual period.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns. In case you do not have any more queries, please close this discussion.

Good luck!