Is it safe to continue breastfeeding during pregnancy?

Hi I am currently breastfeeding, full time and my daughter just turned 6 months. Just found out that I am pregnant. Can I keep breastfeeding her ?? I am worried that the nutrition the new baby needs will go to making milk for my 6 months. Should be worried ??
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is better to start her on top feed Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. During pregnancy due to hormonal imbalance milk production will keep on decreasing & ultimately its production will be cut off. Secondly your body is not able to fulfil requirement of lactation & pregnancy simultaneously, along with you- your both children would have to suffer. Your daughter has turned 6 months it is better to start her on top feed gradually & you should take high protein, calcium rich diet for yourself & your intra-uterine fetus. I hope your query has been answered. Regards,