Is it safe to continue Oosure during ovulation?

Mar 2014
Hi doctor, I am married. I am 28 and my husband is 30.its been 8 months since we are married. I have pcod and my doctor prescribed oosure and folibest.we are trying for a question is- is it safe to continue oosure during the time meant for fertilization.
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Madhuri N Bagde 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Quality research about bad effects not available Detailed Answer: Hi, welcome to health care magic. Oosure contains myoinositol that creates a favorable environment for ovulation and increases the chances of pregnancy. However information about its effects on baby is not well researched. A few studies demonstrate that it decreases the chances of certain pregnancy related complications like diabetes. However since it is not known about the effects on baby, its use is best avoided as soon as pregnancy is detected. Its effects during fertilization and early embryonic period are not known. Having said that, there are not much reports of increased chances of anomalies in babies exposed to this drug. So it may be possible that it does not predispose to any birth defects, but we cannot be absolutely sure. Also in my clinical experience, the chance of defects is low even after exposure to teratogens [defect causing drugs] and defects do not occur in every exposed women. Also there are ways to detect defects. Genetic defects may be identified by collecting uterine amniotic fluid and testing it, while structural defects in body can be mostly detected by ultrasound. So please keep these things in mind while taking the drugs. Hope this satisfies your query. Thanks for using HCM. Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have. Dr Madhuri Bagde Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist