Is it safe to change Prozac to Celexa?

I have been taking 60mg Prozac for the past 4 months; need to switch to Celexa. Can I just make the change or do I have to be off of the Prozac for a while before changing over to the other?
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: consult to the treating physician Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Both Prozac and Celexa belong to same class of drug that is SSRI. But clinical efficacy and side effect profile is different for both the drugs. Hence please consult with your treating physician or psychiatrist before changing the drug. Hope this helps you to answer your query. Thank you.