Is it possible to get urethritis after having unprotected oral sex with a someone who is STD free?

Jun 2015

I would like to know how common it is for a man having unprotected oral sex with a woman who is std free to get urethrits from normal oral bacteria in her this rare or not?
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 54 minutes later

Urethritis is the infection/inflammation of the urethra usually caused by bacteria such as gonococcus, chlamydia, mycoplasma, ureaplasma, trichomoniasis, etc.

Normal bacteria from the mouth can sometimes cause inflammation in the urethra.
But the chances are rare because the bacterial load in the saliva is very less.

Any infection can occur in case:
1. The person giving oral sex has some infection in the oral cavity so that the bacterial load in the saliva is increased.
2. There is some cut or raw surface in the organ of the receiver through which the infection can enter.
3. The immune system of the person receiving the oral sex is severely compromised due to chronic illness or intake of immuno suppressive drugs.

So, keeping in mind the above mentioned facts, acquiring urethritis from normal oral bacteria after an episode of oral sex is a rare event.

Wishing a good health.
Please let me know if I can clarify further.