Is it possible to get infected with C DIff (

Question
Is it possible to get infected with C DIff ( or something similar) by handling an envelope? I was opening a package last night, and touched my mouth ( teeth). I am asking this because I am very careful about things like this , since I developed hyper-vigilance after I had C Diff infection almost 2 years ago (from Clyndamicin). I believe I am panicking, but I need some reassurance, please, so the rest of the week is not ruined ( tomorrow is my son's b-day). Thank you

Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no...

Detailed Answer:

don't worry about things like that, you can't get the disease by touching anything. There are individuals that carry this pathogen inside their intestines but they still don't get the disease. Developing colitis requires elimination of other competing organisms (the normal intestinal flora) so mere contact with Clostridium is not enough on its own.

I hope it helps!
Kind Regards!