Is it possible to get a false positive result for methamphetamine on urine analysis?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Can any otc drug or prescription drug show up as methamphetamine in a urinalysis?
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 36 minutes later
It is difficult to get a false positive result for methamphetamine on urine analysis. Rarely using a Vicks inhaler, NSAIDs- ibuprofen, naproxen and antibiotics like fluoroquinolones can cause this. In few cases, medicines for cough and cold can also cause a false positive.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.