Is it possbible for rabies to manifest after 15 years?

General Surgeon
Hi .. 15 years back, while i was playing with a dog, it scratched me by its leg, i cant remember that its bitten me or not.. but some scratches found in my hand with very low blood. Then i met a doctor and had a TT injection. after this incident there was some infections in my body. i have seen some green colours when i closed my eyes and same colours appear in the dark room. I consulted with eye doctor, they said no issues.. but still im experiencing it. Let me know this will create any big problems in future? i doubt any nurves problems happened due to that scratch / bite. Will get any problems / rabies in future? Please help..
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There is absolutely no cause for concern Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXX The good news for you is there is no cause for concern regarding Rabies occurring. Also the eye mmanifestation are unrelated to the dog bite. Rabies usually has incubation period of 1 to 2 weeks following exposure to Rabied animal. The longest incubation period is 4 months . As the exposure has occurred 15 years back there is absolutely no cause for concern. Bite or scratch my dog usually produces local problem at site of bite. Eye manifestation are also unrelated to it. As you have already undergone assessment by Opthalmologist there is absolutely no cause for worry or getting stressed. Wishing you a very happy and healthy life. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon
Follow-up: Is it possbible for rabies to manifest after 15 years? 23 hours later
Dear Sir, Thanks for your response !!! I would happy if i get clarification for the following.. I had a small pit above my belly button after that incident. Is that a sign of any infection?? i have consulted with some general physicians for that and they said nothing problem in it simply..but it happened after that incident only. I read in some websites that dog bite / scratch germs may affect nurves / brain system.. The eye manifestation or the pit above the belly button relates to any nurves infection?? Will i get any problems in future due to these signs?...
Brief Answer: The pit is unrelated to dog bite Detailed Answer: Hi Greetings Dear XXXX The pit you developed above the belly is unrelated to the dog bite. Anything which occurs after dog bite cannot be attributed to dog bite. No nerves have been damaged. I would once again reassure you that there is no cause for concern. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak