Is it ok to switch from 80mg of Protonix a day to 80mg of Omeprazole a day to replace it?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja or anyone else,

I feel as if Omeprazole make work better than protnoix, is there a reason for that? And since I take 80mg of Protonix a day can I switch and take 80mg of Omeprazole a day to replace it?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 35 minutes later
Hi
XXXXXXX Welcome

Had I seen this query I would have replied both simultaneously

Most part of this I have replied in the previous query

Regarding which one is better, I will tell you it depends on individual cases so if you feel better with Omeprazole go ahead with it

Hope I have been able to satisfy you, the confidence that you have laid in me is remarkable

Any followup revert back
Wishing you a speedy recovery

Follow-up: Is it ok to switch from 80mg of Protonix a day to 80mg of Omeprazole a day to replace it? 1 hour later

My doctor suspects H.Pylori since I have had that before and prescribed a PrevPac for me to take. Should I take the omernaprazole along with this?

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 6 hours later
Hi

Thanks for your followup

H Pylori can be confirmed without a scopy by blood or stool test

Yet if your doctor has prescribed PrevPac there is no need to take omeprazole of Protonix

As PrevPac contains treatment for H Pylori and it already has a Proton Pump Inhibitor in form of Lansoperazole along with Amoxycillin and Clarithromycin

Once you have finished PrevPac you may replace with Omeprazole or Protnix which ever helps

Hope This answers your query
Do revert back for any doubts
Else rate my reply and accept it
Get Well Soon

Follow-up: Is it ok to switch from 80mg of Protonix a day to 80mg of Omeprazole a day to replace it? 21 minutes later
Would you say that the Prevpac is a better regimen then trying the Omneprazole 80mg a day for 2 weeks?

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 11 hours later
Hi

Thanks for your followup query

No I did not mean that I said get H Pylori confirmed and there is no need of Omeprazole or Protonix if you are on PrevPac

Hope this helps
Get Well Soon