Is it normally difficult to conceive after a miscarriage?

Question
hi i had a miscarriage on may 22nd. i have a healthy 8 month old as well. since then my cycles have been sort of long and irregular. why is this? is it normally difficult to conceive after a miscarriage?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Follow-up: Is it normally difficult to conceive after a miscarriage? 5 minutes later
i used a clearblue brand ovulation predictor kit. on saturday day 11 of my cycle i did not wait to see the result on the digital window and by the time 20 minutes later the screen was blank. however when i pressed the eject button to take out the test pin a smiley face (positive for lh rising) appeared in the window. i did not get a positive the following day but got a positive on monday. what might this mean?

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 7 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Miscarriage can occur due to various reasons and the most common cause is chromosomal abnormalities.Since during miscarriage hormonal derangements occur in the body it can take 3 to 4 cycles for the hormonal levels to be regularized and normal ovulation process to start.It is common to have few irregular cycles.
As you already have a child I do not think you would have any difficulty in conceiving again and woman have delivered healthy child even after that.
Do not take stress.Just give some time(5 to6 months) as the uterus also needs some time for healing as the body undergoes physical,emotional trauma.
Have a healthy nutritious diet.
Do some form of exercise as it increases blood flow to various organs.
Drink lots of water.
You can practice some relaxation techniques as Yoga,Meditation.
Restrict smoking and alcohol.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if any.

Follow-up: Is it normally difficult to conceive after a miscarriage? 3 hours later
i really don't want to wait 6 months to conceive again. i miscarried in my 6th week and i have been examined by the doctor and he said it was alright to try again now. i had asked a second question that i haven't gotten an answer to yet. thank you for your previous answer.

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 8 hours later

Thanks for the follow up

If you have been examined by your doctor and everything is fine then you can plan for the second pregnancy.

I am sorry regarding the second question it was not visible at the time I was answering your first query.

Ovulation predictor kits are useful in planning a intercourse.

It is usually advised that the test should be read within 10 minutes and the test card should be discarded after that as it gives more accurate value.Later values cannot be a confirmatory one.

Hope this helps!