Is it normal to have thick nails and discolored nails post surgery for ingrown toenail?

Hi A number of years ago I had surgery for an in growing toenail When the nail grew back it is much thicker and discoloured compared to other nails Can this be addressed if so how ?
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello This happens due to injury to nail bed while surgery as the new nail becomes distorted. Now the only treatment is to remove the entire nail again. There is a possibility that the new nail which grows will be smoother. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Regards