Ask a Urologist   »  

Is it normal to have swollen penis after an intercourse?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
My penis head got swollen after intercourse when i saw it in the morning.I am married back two months.please tell me th e remedy.
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is due to infection of glans penis (Ballanitis) Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have swelling of glans of your penis after intercourse. This is most likely to be due to infection of the glans penis(Ballanitis) due to either dry ,vigorous sex or your wife may have vaginal infection . Please get her examined by a qualified Gynaecologist and treat her as per his/her advice . You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily.along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily. Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily Ensure to avoid sexual activities till it heals up completely.