Is it normal to have sudden high blood pressure post angioplasty in a diabetic - on insulin ?

my brother has had 2 instances of high blood pressure since Friday's angioplasty with 3 stents inserted lasting an hr. or 2. He feels nauseous-pressure one time 211-the other 188 -top no.-then returns to 125or 130. Is this XXXXXXX and what causes it? GailBrother is 62-had double bypass a8 years ago and has had 2 arteries stented-one each-since then. He's severely diabetic-on insulin. Takes many meds. Gail
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Sudden shooting up of blood pressure to such high levels is definitely XXXXXXX for him specially post operatively. This needs an immediate attention and needs to be treated seriously.
The causes can be stress, anxiety, hormonal disturbances, drug interactions, electrolyte imbalances, etc.
The exact cause can be made out only after complete case study and after proper related investigations.
You can discuss these causes with his treating doctor as he is the best person to assess the cause since he has studied his case deeply.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.