Is it normal to have soreness in Adam's apple after a nasal endoscopy?
User rating for this question
Hello. I had a nasal endoscopy done yesterday. ENT said I have reflux and am taking medicine. Since that visit yesterday my throat is a little sore. Also during the exam the Dr. Pressed around my Adams apple No pain yesterday but today it is a little sore if I touch it. Is this normal after a nasal endoscopy? If so how long might these symptoms last?
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Its normal to have some pain. Detailed Answer: Hello, Some pain is common after such scopy. It should last maximum 5-7 days.Sometimes mucosa gets brushed or normal structures get pressed leading to pain. So just wait and watch, symptoms will resolve soon. If symptoms persist or increase let the doctor know. Hope this helps.Regards.
People also viewed
- Face looks bloated after shaving
- Sore on lip after endoscopy
- Feeling floaty and bloated after hitting head
- Headaches with odd taste in the mouth
- Stomach bloating 1 year after total hysterectomy
- Headache nausea weak sore throat
- Mouth sores after endoscopy
- Bloated feeling after a urinary tract infection
- Sore throat after endoscopy
- Stomach sore after endoscopy
- Nasal congestion after endoscopy
- Nicip plus for headache
- Gas and bloating after taking penicillin
- Pain in one nostril and headache
- Nose injury and headache