Is it normal to have pounding in the ears when exercising?

Is it normal to have pounding in the ears when exercising such as push ups, I am 71
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later

Pounding in the ears or palpitation after exercising is normal due to increased cardiac output after exercise. If the pounding comes back to normal within 15 minutes of stopping the exercise, then there is nothing worrisome.

Since you have associated hypertension and diabetes, it is best to have a cardiac workout including ECG in all leads with a rhythm strip in lead 2, Thyroid function tests, and treadmill test to rule out any cardiac pathology.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.