Is it normal to have nevo on leg?

Dear Doctor I have this point on my feet, us this a freckle or a nevo?
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need more details and pictures Detailed Answer: Hi , I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. I have seen the attached pictures. I am sorry to say that they are not very clear. Though from what I can make out, it is basically a light brown lesion rather than a blackish one. There are certain things that I want to know from you. Is it just a single lesion or are these multiple? Is there any associated pain or discomfort.? Since when do you have them? Exact color of the lesion? I am sure that I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details and some more clear pictures if possible. Waiting for your response Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Is it normal to have nevo on leg? 8 hours later
I have this nevo in my leg, i have it since i was young, is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Melanocytic naevi or moles Detailed Answer: Hi again, The lesions that you have over your leg are simply melanocytic naevi or moles. These are essentially benign and harmless less. The only reason for concern is when there is a sudden increase in size of these lesions or there is sudden change in shape or colour. Even if there is any altered sensation in the form of itching or bleeding in these lesions, then we need to be cautious to rule out other things. If there are on such symptoms, then we can leave the lesions on their own unless they are harming up cosmetically. Hope it helps If you have any other query, please ask Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Is it normal to have nevo on leg? 10 hours later
Thanks for your answer, so i dont have to worry about it, i have many nevos in my arms and leg so i always think in this and worry. I need to be relax
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Naevi with pigment Detailed Answer: Yes, these naevi are all essentially harmless lesions unless they undergo any of the changes as told. And their malignant change is very rare. The only thing that we need to do is to be cautious and get a check up done if there is any doubt. So be calm and rest assured that there is nothing to be worried about. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Is it normal to have nevo on leg? 15 minutes later
Thanks doctor! Have a nice day
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Best wishes Detailed Answer: You are welcome. Wishing you good health. Dr Geetika Paul