Is it normal to have metallic or mucosy taste in my mouth after doing rigorous work outs?

Hi there! I've just decided to start getting healthier. I've started doing short workout videos or walking for 30 minutes each day. While walking, I walk quickly to the point where I'm slightly out of breath. When I get home, I'm a little sweaty, but I feel good. On the days that I do the workout videos, which are 10 minutes long and more intensive, I get a metallic or "mucosy" taste in my mouth. This has happened the last 3 times I've done these videos, and I'm outright winded by the end of it. Of course, I had to do some internet research and discovered that it may be called EIPH, it's not uncommon, but I can only find information about it regarding horses and runners. I've been out of shape for the last few years, but I've always been active prior to that. Should I just lower the intensity and walk, or is this something I should get checked out?
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Further tests are needed... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query carefully and understood your concerns. I suggest to do exercise without overloading to extreme fatigue. I also suggest to run further tests to rule out pulmonary and cardiac problems: - EKG - Cardiac echo - Stress test - Respiratory function test - Chest X-ray I also advise to have regular meals and to drink plenty of water after exercise. Dr.Benard