Is it normal to have gas like pain in center of chest post tonsilectomy, septoplasty and turbinate reduction?
User rating for this question
After tonsilectomy, septoplasty and turbinate reduction I am having a gas like pain in the center of my chest. It is not constant but happens when I swallow.
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: post operative reflux Detailed Answer: hello and welcome to health care magic, I am Dr Sriram Nathan, an ENT surgeon who has operated more than three thousand cases of tonsils and septum. I want to assure you that after undergoing such an extensive procedure what you are feeling is perfectly fine as the stress which your body is undergoing is immense and recovery will cause reflux which can be quite discomforting. Rest assured you will definitely feel better over a period of time and in the meanwhile you may do these: -Take only bland, non-spicy and non-oily food -take a course of pantoprazole and antihistamine like levocetrizine in consultation with your doctor. -do not lie down immediately after having a meal and stick to meal timings strictly -do salt water gargling with warm water -maintain a good weight by exercising regularly and in consultation with your doctor If you still feel the gas like pain after a couple of weeks of trying the above then you must consult an ENT who can examine you properly and suggest an upper GI endoscopy to give a more directed treatment if required. Hope your doubts are clear and I will be happy to answer any more doubts that you may have regards Dr Sriram Nathan
People also viewed
- Septoplasty turbinate reduction exercise jog
- False positive anti gad antibodies
- Six months old passing watery stools after every feed
- Esophagus pain during pregnancy
- Means of right foot khujli
- Lump in throat during exercise
- Is it safe to take zinnat tabs 500mg twice a day
- Pressure in throat during exercise
- Pounding in ears during pregnancy
- Septoplasty and turbinate reduction
- Throat lump feeling gagging feeling during pregnancy
- Septoplasty turbinate reduction laser
- Glycomet usage before getting pregnant
- Septoplasty and turbinate reduction no smell after?
- Benefits of septoplasty turbinate reduction and fess