Is it normal to have frequent urination problem while taking steroids during menopause?
User rating for this question
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: UTI Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Welcome to XXXXXXX I understand your concern. Since you are on steroids, possibility of urinary tract infection (UTI) is high. UTI can present with increased frequency of micturation , burning micturation. A person may also develop high grade fever. Tell me if you have fever also. I advice you to get following investigations: 1. Urine routine and microscopy 2 Urine culture and sensitivity. You should drink plenty of water and a urine alkalizing syrup is also useful for symptomatic relief. In case you have a pain abdomen or colick , a possibility of kidney / ureteric stone should be considered. If your urine test comes out to be normal , I recommend Ultrasound Abdomen. However I would still keep the possibility of UTI high. An antibiotic would be required if pus cells are seen in urine examination. Your doctor would start you on antibiotics once you have given your urine sample. With the available information this is my best judgment and advice for you , so you may discuss my opinion with your physician. I hope I am able to answer your query ,still if you have any query ask me.
Follow-up: Is it normal to have frequent urination problem while taking steroids during menopause? 13 minutes later
I have absolutely no pain upon uribating. No fever. No abd pain. But I do nurture when I uribate more, it feels "hormonal" as I get headaches too. Is there fluid retention w steroids? Bc it also feels I'm relieving some of that too? I can get a urinalysis, no problem. But the only symptom I'm having is the frequent urinating at night. Would transitioning into menopause also be a possible reason?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detail follows Detailed Answer: Dear Mam Yes steroids can cause fluid retention but excessive urination is unlikely due to it. Hormonal imbalance can also cause this. But it is always better to be sure. So get tested. Wish you good health. If you don't have any further query , you may please close the discussion and rate it.
People also viewed
- Child has stomach ache not eating lethargic had bowel movement
- Need help in assessing the blood and urine test reports
- Infants drinking toilet pee water
- What is the treatment for frequent urination problem during night
- Drinking ladies urine medicinal
- Having pre menstrual symptoms but no periods only spotting reason
- I have frequent urination problem
- Pink mucus with urine nausea had tubes cut and tied
- Holding my urine when i drink
- Ketone in urine drinking problem
- Drink lots of water but yellow
- Frequent urination problem emptying bladder
- Frequent urination problem to men
- Bloating headaches frequent urination stretch marks on stomach pregnancy symptoms
- Reasons for anxiety and frequent urination problem