Is it normal to have abdominal pain and vomiting during pregnancy and what kind of food can I take?
User rating for this question
hi.sir good evening..I would like to take your advice that my wife is in situation of 8 month pregnancy. she is very depressed and vomiting too much and after vomit she feels abdominal pain.she is not able to take her daily food because of fear from vomit. as when ever she eats she feels to vomit. she also having continous headache..nerviousness. I am very disturbed with this situation..I do not know what to do and type of food to be given to overcome to this situation. .she sleeps too much..feels weakness.we visited clinic before they said everything is ok baby is alive and forming..they gave irn capsule for baby growth. please advise us what to di.. thank you for your earliest feedback.
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: First I have a few questions: 1. Has there been ANY concern about her blood pressure? 2. Did they talk about reflux and that this can cause nausea? 3. Did they check any labs? 4. When she is not eating, does she feel like vomiting? Thank you.
Follow-up: Is it normal to have abdominal pain and vomiting during pregnancy and what kind of food can I take? 6 hours later
1. no sir no concer about her BP her bp is ok. 2. no discussion about reflux made. 3. yes . they made an ultrasound lab check 4. no. when she did not eat she feels ok and better than that situation.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you and sorry about delay... Detailed Answer: I think that the main issue may relate to reflux. She feels fine until her stomach is full. The hormones of pregnancy make the sphincters that prevent backflow of stomach acids much more lax. When reflux occurs, nausea and vomiting is not uncommon. A natural remedy is to eat celery. A more effective method is to take a daily antacid. Check with her doctor. It is also a concern that she has nausea, vomiting and a headache. These can all be signs of a problem called preeclampsia. Call her doctor and see if they want her to come in sooner for a followup blood pressure check and ask about this problem. I hope that this helps and good luck!
People also viewed
- Suffering from abdominal pain vomiting and dizziness during pregnancy
- Skin rashes symptoms in snake bite
- What causes abdominal pains during pregnancy
- What causes lower abdominal pain during pregnancy
- Skin sores on the scalp arms and back
- Is it normal to have abdominal pain in pregnancy
- 7th month scan in pregnancy
- Problems in 7th month of pregnancy
- Small painless hard red spot on leg
- Slight pins and needles in my hands and soles of my feet
- What causes abdominal pain and cramps during pregnancy
- Pregnancy haemoglobin level in 7th month
- Hcg injection at 7th week
- Slight burning sensation urination male
- How to manage iugr in 7th month