Ask a Urologist   »  

Is it normal to have a growth on the frenulum of my penis?

ENT Specialist
Hi, I have a 1cm wide growth on the frenulum of my penis, yellow in colour with red arteries. I've had it since puberty (probably). Its attached on the skin between my foreskin and urethra. I've had a quick google around and can't find anything like it, it doesn't fit the pictures / description of s cyst so what is it?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 2 hours later

Thanks for the query,

As you have described a 1 cm yellowis growth on frenelum, making it wide, present since puberty, neither increasing nor decreasing, indicates that it is a benign growth.

You shoudl not worry for this, it will not hamper your sexual life in any way.

But, if still you think that, it is causing any sort of prom, then do consult a general surgeon.

Treatment of the benign penile cyst--

1- Medical treatment will not work, so no need to apply any cream or gel over it.

2- Excisional biopsy is the treatment of choice. This procedure will require local anaesthesia.

But i will strongly suggest you, to leave it as such, and just keep an eye over it, whether it is increasing in size or not. if it is increasing, then immediately consult a surgeon.