Is it normal to get strong irregular pulse in the abdomen ?

I'm feeling a strong irregular pulse in my abdomen, on the right in the upper part, kind of like when a baby kicks when you're around 6 months pregnant. i'm 36, female, overweight. Is this normal?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 57 minutes later

You have mentioned that you have a strong irregular pulse in your abdomen in the upper part on the right side.

First of all, I must tell you that its not normal to have such pulsations.

Many conditions can lead to such pulsations.
Liver Pulsations, Diaphragmatic Contractions, Muscle twitchings, Renal Artery Pulsations.

You should consult a physician and get your self evaluated for the same.

Some people with low heart functions or abnormal heart rhythm can develop irregular pulsations. Such pulsations can get radiated to the right upper quadrant of the abdomen.

So please consult a physician and get your self evaluated.
An Ultrasound of the abdomen might be advised if clinical examination is normal.

Hope this answers your query. Do get back if you need any further doubts.

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran.