Is it normal to experience loss of appetite,fatigue and stomach ache due to jet lag?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Hi I flew back from holiday yesterday and think am still suffering from jet lag as was 8 hour flight and through 3 time zones, as got no appietite n stomach ache n very tired, but earlier today I hit my head in boot of car about 7 hours ago, no dizziness blurred vision or sickness just very tired slight dull head. Am I worrying bout nothing?
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Not serious. No need to worry. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. The symptoms you describe of dull headache and tiredness need not worry you. You have not suffered a significant head injury. The bump coupled with jet lag would be enough to result in your symptoms. I suggest you take paracetamol and ibuprofen. Drink plenty of water as dehydration is often a problem with air travel. Go to bed if possible. I anticipate you will feel better after a rest. I hope this is of help to you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB. FRCA.