Is it normal to be referred to a GI doctor for a liver hemangioma?

Is it normal to be referred to a GI doctor for a liver hemangioma? It showed as normal during MRI w/out contrast, but atypical pattern with contrast. Also experiencing abdominal pain, which is what took me to my doctor to begin with.
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the Query!

The GI system not only involves gastrointestinal system but also the liver along with gall bladder and pancreas also. The problem with liver is also dealt by the Gi doctor. The symptoms your are having is due to the liver disease and the GI doctor is appropriate for your further management.

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask