Is it normal to be able to push down on abdomen around belly button and feel a pulse?

is it normal to be able to push down on abdomen around the belly button and feel a pulse?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 15 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I Would like to know few more things which would help me in answering you better:

1.) Do you have any health issue?
2.) Do you have chest pain or Palpitation?
3.) Do you have pain abdomen?

It is absolutely normal to feel the pulse if you press hard down around your belly button. As this pulse could be the pulse of your own fingers or it could be of the Abdominal Aorta.

This is possible only in very thin people and not in obese or a person who has more fat surrounding their belly.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.