Is it necessary to take hormone therapy for increased PSA level caused due to radiation treatment?

Oncologist
Question
I HAD 29 RADIATION FREATMENT ABOUT 4 YERS AGO AND NOW MY PSA KEEP GOING UP, NOW THE READING IS 1.4 FROM 0.47 AFTER RADIATION,THE DOCTOR TELL ME AT 2.4 I NEED TO GO FOR HORMONAL TERAPY
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follow up Detailed Answer: I would recommend you continue to monitor your level. If it continues to slowly climb them on a medication would be recommended. This is not something I would recommend you worry about it very much. Hormonal medications are very good at keeping this under control for a very very long time. Dr. Galamaga

Follow-up: Is it necessary to take hormone therapy for increased PSA level caused due to radiation treatment? 38 minutes later
A PATION HAVING HORMONAL THERAPY ALONG IT CAN LIVE,I HEAR THERE IS ALL TIPES OF SIDE EFFECT> SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH. TANGS>

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Followup Detailed Answer: i'm on a medication can work for many years. Even decades. I would not worry very much right now because we have many new medications that can keep this under control for a very long long time. every patient is different regarding side effects. Try not to worry about that right now. The big picture is that this will be controlled no matter what.