Is it illegal to complete a pelvic exam on a 12 year child?

Is it illegal for a doctor to complete a pelvic exam on a 12 year old girl with parental consent when she presents with heavy menstrual periods, migraines, & a recent (as in 2 days prior) ER visit for a ruptured cyst?
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 1 hour later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

After general examination if doctor feels that there is need for through examination. In case of minor he can take the consent from the patients parent for the examination and it is legal.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer