Is it harmful to take Instaflex before knee replacement surgery?

I am a 60 year old female scheduled to have knee replacement surgery in September. Is it harmful to take Instaflex between now and then?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
You can take instaflex till the time you are scheduled for surgery for the symptomatic relief. Instaflex contains glucosamine sulphate and MSM which increases the painless mobility of your joint and helps in formation of the damaged cartilage. Using it will give you some relief from your symptoms. You can use mild pain killers also alongwith.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.