Is it alright to give my 3 year old grandson Tylenol for cough and fever ?

Hi , my 3 year old grandson started with a barking cough yesterday and it does not sound like whooping cough but today he has a fever of 37.7 axillar . i gave him some children's cough & cold medicine about 10 mins ago before I realized that he had a fever. Can I give him some children's Tylenol as well? or should i take him to Emerg?
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Tylenol can be given Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like your grandchild is suffering from an upper respiratory tract infection which causing the barking character. Whooping cough is not very common these days as most of the children are now immunized against it. 37.7 degree is not an emergency, you can give him Tylenol and take an appointment with a pediatrician tomorrow for examination and treatment in the form of antibiotics. I also suggest 1. To avoid cold beverages 2. Avoid milk products and milk 3. Keep your grand child warm 4. Watch out for breathlessness. The first sign of breathlessness is inability to complete sentences. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish your grand child a speedy recovery Regards