Is it advisable to go for colonoscopy while diagnosed with hernia?

I will have colonoscopy done 2 days from no,,but my GP diagnosed a hernia 2 days ago,should I go ahead with colonoscopy,DOB 22-06-1930
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: OK to proceed Detailed Answer: Dear patient, Thanks for the query. The presence of a hernia should not preclude you from undergoing the colonoscopy, which is quite important as I gather that you are a XXXXXXX citizen having constipation for 6 months or so. However, do mention it to the gastroenterologist so that he can keep you in the most comfortable position due to the hernia. Hope that helps, wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN Cardiology