Is high blood pressure caused due to fluctuation in sugar levels?

my diabetic husbands blood pressure has been much too high this week. It is unusual. He is on all the proper meds. My question is simple: He hates taking his sugar levals. So, he will take his blood pressure but not his sugar. Can low or high sugar levals contribute to his high blood pressure. I say yes, he keeps saying sugar levals do not cause high blood pressure. can sugar levals cause high blood pressure.
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: No direct relation... Detailed Answer: Hi, Blood sugar doesn't directly raise blood pressure. However uncontrolled sugar has detrimental effects on kidney as well as heart. Therefore it can indirectly influence a persons blood pressure numbers. Hence I recommend my patients to put in maximum effects to keep sugars under control. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards