Is having intercourse before marriage a crime in India? Will there be bleeding after taking abortion pills?

Hi Doctor, I feel my girl friend as conceived. I will contact a doctor, but i have certain queries in mind: * Is having Intercourse before marriage in crime in India(2 are majors) * if abortion pills are taken under doctor observation, the fetus is in early stage(may b 22nd day of intercourse date) do you think there will be heavy chunks of blood coming out. I'm worried about her so this query. Till how many days bleeding last for. When will she get her periods back. How many days do she has to be in observation.
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 56 minutes later

Let me answer your questions step by step.

Intercourse before marriage is not a crime, but not socially acceptable in India.

Under Doctor's prescription & instructions abortion pills can be taken at home. There is no need of hospital observation.

Bleeding is heavier than periods along with pain abdomen & can continue up to 6-7 days. If bleeding continues more than 6-7 days along with passage of clots, then there may be possibility of incomplete abortion. In such case inform your doctor as soon as possible.

She will get her periods back after 6 weeks of medical termination of pregnancy.

I hope your query has been answered. If you have more queries post them and I will be glad to address them.