Is ground Niacor pill taken with yoghurt,advisable?

Dr. a few weeks ago I asked if I could cut my 500mm Niacor in half? you said I could. I did and took it with yogert, it still upset my stomach. I bought a pill grinder and start to grind the pill, taking it with yogert, and I don't have a upset stomach. will this give me same benafit? on my cholesteral ?
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Grinding Niacor can give the same benefit... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. Niacor is the immediate-release form of Niacin (generic) which is often associated with upset stomach. I advise my patients to take it with meal (especially at bedtime) as you are taking with yogurt to avoid upsetting your stomach. As the effects of this pill is immediate (and not gradually), grinding it will not interfere with its effect on your body. So,you will get the same benefit on your body and cholesterol. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Dr.Albana