Is ginger effective in shrinking the fibroids in uterus?

Infertility Specialist
Just out of curiosity, have you heard that eating ginger with every meal will shrink the fibroid in uterus? Thanks,
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. Fibroid is a uterine mass which contains dense fibrous tissue which are difficult to shrink. Yes there are some hormonal medicines which help to maintain same size or prevent them from growing. There are some medicines which will shrink their size temporary. But till date no effective medical treatment has been discovered which can shrink size of fibroid effectively on long term basis. Eating ginger was traditional method which was supposed to shrink size of fibroid. Unfortunately new studies have not endorsed this point of view and hence ginger consumption will not decrease size of fibroid. Hence I request you to tell me size and location of fibroid and whether it is affecting you during menses or causing infertility based on which I can advice accurate treatment. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol