Is fever followed by tetanus and anti rabies injection for dog bite a normal symptom?

Hi, I was bitten by dog yesterday. Today I visited a doctor and got the tetanus and anti rabis injections. Now after that I have some fever. Please let me know if this is natural. Also can I take a medicine like Disprin/Crocin for fever.
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Do not be worried... Detailed Answer: Hi, Fever is not very common following rabies / tetanus vaccine. However I would not be worried. I shall wait for 2-3 days more to reassess the situation and start any treatment if needed. You can continue taking crocin as and when you develop fever. Persistent high grade fever with chills and shivering needs to be reported immediately to the doctor. If you are worried about Rabies, rabies infection wouldn't cause infection so early. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards