Is fever after protetected sex be symptom of HIV?

Doctor, I am in anxiety of HIV. The reason is I had sex with a escort 2 week before. It was protected sex and last for 1 min only. The condom never break. Is there any chance of getting infected by HIV. Since last two days I had fever of 100degree F.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Very unikely, relax! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this anxiety. The chances of you contracting HIV from this intercourse are very minimal if not zero. Also, a fever related to acute HIV infection would be very unlikely within the first two weeks. This fever has a different cause probably a viral infection and not HIV. However, you may want to get tested after 3weeks just to have more objective information to stay relaxed. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.