Is drinking 120ml of whisky per day safe?

Sir Can I have two pegs 120ml of whisky/day I am 55 and CABG,HTN and DM. leading an active lifestyle with strict diet control. Thanks in advance.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: That's not in the right interest... Detailed Answer: Hi, Safe limit of drinking depend on amount of alcohol in the drink. Whiskey contains about 40% alcohol in it. And 120ml every day amounts to approximately 35 units of alcohol per week. This is not in the right interest of your health. For an average men, safe limits recommended is under 21 units of alcohol and not more than 4 units in a day. This is much lower in some one with past history of CABG. I would recommend that you avoid alcohol completely or limit your alcohol to less than 50ml of 40% whiskey in a day. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards