Is diagnosis by psychiatrist possible without former medical records?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I went to a doctor's office, and then they closed so the records are not available. Can a doctor diagnose without former records, is this in any way or can that be challenged? And, is this true for a psychiatrist in particular and for stating or finding the patient has normal status? Are there any conditions that they could not do that with?
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer my dear... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, Usually, the doctor's diagnosis is based on: - compalins - personal history - family history - physical examination - lab tests So, although a doctor does not have former records, he/she might give a proper diagnosis as metioned earlier. With regards to a psychiatrist, the diagnosis is made when he/she is conversating with the patient or with his/her family members. The psychiatrist could perfectly diagnose a person as "normal status". In case, the psychiatrist does notice anything abnormal in the behaviour of a patient, he/she can give the appropriate diagnosis and treatment. Hope it helped! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have my dear! Dr.Bardha