Is derealization a symptom of neurological disorder?
User rating for this question
How common is derealization in being a presenting sympton of a neurological disease. Specifically als Hi. Derealization can be a presenting symptom of a neurological disorders , particularly ALS. What other symptoms would be present if it were als
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 days later
Brief Answer: Related to reducing nerve conduction Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing back The first sign of ALS is often weakness in one leg, one hand, the face, or the tongue. The weakness slowly spreads to both arms and both legs. Trouble using your hands and fingers to do tasks. Over time, ALS makes it hard to walk, speak, eat, swallow, and breathe. These problems can lead to injury, illness. Muscle twitching. To find out if you have ALS, your doctor will do a physical exam and will ask you about your symptoms and past health. You will also have tests that show how your muscles and nerves are working. Hope this answers your query. Regards.
Follow-up: Is derealization a symptom of neurological disorder? 2 minutes later
So there would have to be some sort of weakness along with the depersonalization for it to be als?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Mentioned above, please visit Neurologist. Detailed Answer: Hi, as mentioned above , the signs and symptoms of this particular disease have no definite sequence or what will appear when. I would humbly request you to consult a Neurologist to clear the doubts. ALS per se is very difficult to diagnose. It is good that you have thought about this.
People also viewed
- Is coughing mind overmatter
- Is derealization a symptom of neurological disease
- Neurological disorders symptom checker
- Mouth sores and cough
- Is derealization a symptom of neurological disorder
- Drugs/medication for hurt on lip
- Drugs/medication for gardnerella vaginitis
- Mouth ulcers and tickly cough
- Symptoms of degenerative neurological disorder
- Drugs/medication for cranial arteritis
- Drugs/medication for fresh thrombus
- Metallic taste in throat when coughing
- Drugs/medication for parathyroid secreting adenoma
- Tickly cough and runny nose in morning
- Neurological disorder symptoms in infants