Is deep wheezing sound when suffering from sore throat a sign of cancer?

ENT Specialist
I have a very bad sore throat over 1.5 years. Last year when it begun i visited an ENT specialist and he give me some medicine that initially help but after 2 months sore throat came back.Then i don't visit doctor again and move on.But it get worse later.From 4-5 months whenever i try to cough right side neck hurts badly and when i exhale deeply wheezing sound appear.I have no breathing problem but in night my nose blocked and difficulty in breathing.Recently i also have a secretion from nose that enter in my throat and have to clear my throat frequently.No lump in neck.On 11-1-2014 i went to our local ENT specialist.He suggest me to not take spicy food and prescribed me these medicines----Zofacin-500,Rabeprazole sodium & itopride XXXXXXX capsule ,Czep-h and a Gargle solution.I am taking these medicine for 7 days but though some initial improvements but after sore throat again.Please suggest me what to do.Do you think its cancer.Oh the last thing, I also have sleeping problems also when i drink i feel some bad smell from throat.
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: can be infection or acid reflux. Detailed Answer: Hello sir, Longstanding pain in the throat can be 2 things- 1) Chronic infection of the throat. 2) Acid reflux from the stomach - gastro esophageal disease (gerd) Only examination of the throat can give us a diagnosis. Your doctor has put you on antibiotics as well as antacids and anti reflux medication. Czep -h is an antidepressant. He has covered both the causes of sore throat - ie infection and acid reflux. Gerd will usually produce other symptoms as well like heart burn, belching, dry cough, nausea. But sometimes gerd can present only with longstanding sore throat as its only symptom. Thorough examination is the only way to come to a diagnosis. An examination called indirect laryngoscopy done by ENT helps when there is confusion in the diagnosis of gerd. If findings in indirect laryngoscopy are also not confirmative when gerd is strongly suspected then you may need an upper GI endoscopy to look into your food pipe and stomach. Endoscopy ist he gold standard for diagnosis of gerd. Now coming to wheezing - wheezing indicates that you have allergy. You need to visit a physician to confirm the diagnosis and for treatment. Recent onset nose block can be due to infection of nose and sinuses. Get your ENT to look at you for that . If infection is confirmed you may need antibiotics. Till then you can use decongestant nose drops like otrivin 3 drops 3 times daily for 5 days. It will keep your nose open at night. Feel free to follow up, Dr Rajkishori.