Is cosmetic eye whitening surgery safe for red eyes from scar tissue?

Question
i am a 47 year old women who is interested in knowing about the safety of the cosmetic procedure for eye whitening...i have significant red eyes from scar tissue from eye muscle surgery from my youth
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It can lead to blindness or worsening of reddness Detailed Answer: Hi.Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX Cosmetic eye whitening surgery is considered as the last resort for treatment of the blood shot eyes.Some eye specialists feel that this can lead to blindness and worsening of the original discoloration. I suggest you to consult the best and trusted eye surgeon before pursuing this permanent eye whitening procedure. Hope I have answered your query. Thanks.

Follow-up: Is cosmetic eye whitening surgery safe for red eyes from scar tissue? 1 hour later
that sounds like a risk not to take...i have often wondered.if the eye muscle.surgerys from my youth could.have caused the red eye veins in the whites of the eyes..and is there.anything else that can be done non surgical for them

Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Topical medications will help Detailed Answer: Hello.Thanks for writing me back. I were to suggest to use topical medication(eye drops) containing tetrahydrazoline and naphazoline in consultation with an eye specialist. These will constrict the veins and reduce the redness.These eye drops are safe. Use them as prescribed by your doctor since overuse causes rebound redness. Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Is cosmetic eye whitening surgery safe for red eyes from scar tissue? 6 hours later
Is that visine

Answered by Dr. Praveen 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Its visine Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for writing back. Yes Visine can be used for red eye. It has to be applied 1-2 drops not more than 4 times a day. Suggest to consult an eye specialist before using it. Glaucoma(increased intraocular pressure), hypertension are few other contraindications for this medicine. Using this does not have any interaction with the medicines - ortho tri cycln and celexa. Hope this helps.