Is contrast dye 'Loversol' used in cardiac CT scan,safe?

I m going to pass a cardiac CT soon, i did some exam 5 years ago where i had a small reaction to contrast dye just a few spots on the forehead that resorbed quickly after they injected me with some kind of product and i was dismissed of the hospital within 2 hours. The contrast dye they used that day was(iomeron 400). The one they will be using for my next test will be ioversol 350, they prescribed me 2 solupred 20mg and 1 aerius 5mg the day before the exam and the day of the exam. I red some really scary stuff lately on those contrast products and i m concern due to the fact that i allready have a reaction to it. I don't really mind having a rash of some sort but those cardiac arrest and big arythmia are freaking me out a little. Can you honestly tell me if i m more at risk for those, and if there is any diference whatsoever between those 2 contrast products?? Any other input would be greatly apreciated. Thank you!
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Loversol 350 is giving less allergic reaction Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query carefully and understood your concerns. Honestly telling, you are already taking pre-medication prior to cardiac CT-scan, so, less chances for you to have allergic reactions. Please bare in mind that loversol 350 is the contrast with less chances for allergic reactions. Furthermore, you are already taking pre-medications (solupred, aerius) prior the exam. Hope it answered your query! Dr.Benard