Is blurred vision and light sensitivity related to CMV retinitis and does this condition require immediate medical attention?

Ophthalmologist
Question
got viral infection 70 days before by sexual intercourse.cmv,taxoplasmosis and rubella looking positive.many symptoms apperared and some slowly disappearing by means of medication but my vision problem still continues..have some sensitiveness to natural sunlight and unable to tolerate florescent lights and computer..looks vision little bit blurred and not like before also felt awfull during flooding of lights,please someone suggest me if its related to cmv retinitis,also advice if it requires immediate attention. is there any treatment available for this?
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 3 hours later
Brief Answer: It is inflammation of retina. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to health care magic I am Dr Dadapeer,an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you are having TORCH group of infections including cytomegalovirus, rubella, toxoplasma. The symptoms indicate involvement of posterior part of the uvea and retina called as chorioretinitis. Sensitiveness to light and blurring of vision indicate involvement of macula of retina and inflammation. But not to worry there is treatment available and this depends on the degree of damage caused by the disease process as known after investigations like fundoscopic examination and fund us angiography. Hence I advice you to consult ophthalmologist or preferably retina specialist for further treatment accordingly. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you

Follow-up: Is blurred vision and light sensitivity related to CMV retinitis and does this condition require immediate medical attention? 2 hours later
thanks for your reply doctor. is it possible for eye inection due to torch panel positive,i can see many sites reported like retinitis occurs for hiv patients only. cmv and rubella virus looks positive for me and my eye symptoms are reddishness in eye sometimes some black wave movements blurred vision light sensitiveness does it require immediate attention or can wait another two months because im living in foreign country. treatment helps to rectify problem or prevent further damage only? please help above my questions

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Treatment will rectify your problem. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to health care magic Thank you for the followup query. Though cmv infection is very common in HIV patients and in those with decreased immunity they also can occur in otherwise healthy people also. Treatment is required in your condition for inflammation and here treatment will definitely improve your vision and eye condition. Hence I feel waiting will not help and timely treatment will be very useful. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you