Ask a Urologist   »  

Is blood in urine a symptom of pregnancy?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I noticed blood in my urine yesterday. The water in the toilet bowl was a light pink color. I am due for my period so I thought it could be the start. However today I after having a stool, I noticed the same discoloration of my urine and when I moved my stool a little small streams of red blood came out. There is a chance i could be pregnant but i do not think that would be a normal symptom.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to HCM Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. well this is not symptom of pregnancy but in most cases this is just sign of urinary stone that passed or uroinfection, if you are sure that this is blood in urine. I am saying this because it can be blood from vagina due to period or some abnormal vaginal bleeding or even rectal and perianal lesions. But serious conditions are rare in your age so you dont have to be worried. I suggest to do basic urine analysis just to rule out uroinfection and drink plenty of fluids and rasberry tea to promote urination. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards