Is blood in semen normal after taking Finateride for prostate problem?

After taking Finateride that stopped my production of sperm because of prostate problem, should there be blood in my first orgasm?
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: NO Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about this blood in your ejaculate. Blood in semen is never normal. However, some occurrences are just incidental and require no medical attention. I will suggest that you take a closer look at future semen to see if there is any blood in them. If that turns out to be the case,, then sending a sample to the laboratory for analysis would be a great idea. Finasteride would not cause blood in semen. This blood probably relates to one of the structures that the sperms cells/seminal fluid passes through before getting to the exterior. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information if need. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.